Monday, October 27, 2008

Early morning activity

Husband has erected another stop-george-escaping barrier so this morning I sat and ate my cereal at the computer confident in the knowledge that I didn't have to watch him every minute. (At least not until he has found another escape route and that usually takes a day or two.)

I am happily reading Dr Stu's post about the horrendous Sarah Palin when I hear a car horn and a dog barking. My heart leaps into my throat and I jump up, run upstairs to drag some clothes over my nightie, and bump into Younger Son. He guesses what I am doing. 'Yes, it sounded like George barking after the car horn,' he says.

I am downstairs about to leave the house when YS calls down, 'It's all right: he's still in the garden.'

Sudden shocks first thing in the morning. That dog is going to be the death of me.

A few minutes later I watch his attempts to climb over the new barrier. He whimpers pitifully when he fails. 'I want to be free!'
xx