Monday, August 04, 2008

What I did in work today

Part of my job as church administrator is to produce the weekly notice sheets. A few weeks ago Chris, one of the leaders, asked me if I could start creating short films, drawing attention to particular details from the notices, to show on Sunday mornings. Well, I have to say that my films have become the highlight of the meeting. Eat your heart out, Spielberg.

As I said in an earlier post, I find it hard to be serious for too long so, as you can imagine, my films have a touch of humour about them. Not to mention surreality.

Alun works for the church and we share an office. We tease each other unmercifully. A stranger coming into the office and hearing us abusing each other would scratch his head and think, 'Is this really a church office?'

So one very popular feature of the Sunday films is where I make fun of Alun by doctoring photos - putting his head onto other people's bodies etc. This week I found a photo of Superman. I'd just stuck Alun's head on when I was struck by a moment of conscience. 'You really should mock yourself sometimes as well,' I said to myself.

So it was back to the net for another appropriate photo and I found this cartoon, which was just tooooo good to resist.

9 comments:

Dragonstar said...

You're a clever lady! And you obviously have more fun in work that most people.

mutleythedog said...

Its very realistic!! For a moment I thought it was you - but with a smaller bosom !!

leslie said...

That is priceless! :D

Liz said...

I do have fun, dragonstar!

I was tempted to use a photo of a voluptuous Lynda Carter, mutley, but had to bear in mind that it is for the church service!

Thanks, leslie!

Hippy Mama said...

love that :0)

Years ago we did a similar with the childrens heads on thunderbird characters :0)

David said...

Hey I wish we had fun like that here :-(

CherryPie said...

You have much more fun at work than me...

cheshire wife said...

Looks like fun but I think that I might get the sack if I did anything like that. Yes, I know I work for stick in the mud people.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes