Monday, August 04, 2008

What I did in work today

Part of my job as church administrator is to produce the weekly notice sheets. A few weeks ago Chris, one of the leaders, asked me if I could start creating short films, drawing attention to particular details from the notices, to show on Sunday mornings. Well, I have to say that my films have become the highlight of the meeting. Eat your heart out, Spielberg.

As I said in an earlier post, I find it hard to be serious for too long so, as you can imagine, my films have a touch of humour about them. Not to mention surreality.

Alun works for the church and we share an office. We tease each other unmercifully. A stranger coming into the office and hearing us abusing each other would scratch his head and think, 'Is this really a church office?'

So one very popular feature of the Sunday films is where I make fun of Alun by doctoring photos - putting his head onto other people's bodies etc. This week I found a photo of Superman. I'd just stuck Alun's head on when I was struck by a moment of conscience. 'You really should mock yourself sometimes as well,' I said to myself.

So it was back to the net for another appropriate photo and I found this cartoon, which was just tooooo good to resist.

8 comments:

Dragonstar said...

You're a clever lady! And you obviously have more fun in work that most people.

Anonymous said...

Its very realistic!! For a moment I thought it was you - but with a smaller bosom !!

Leslie: said...

That is priceless! :D

Liz Hinds said...

I do have fun, dragonstar!

I was tempted to use a photo of a voluptuous Lynda Carter, mutley, but had to bear in mind that it is for the church service!

Thanks, leslie!

Anonymous said...

love that :0)

Years ago we did a similar with the childrens heads on thunderbird characters :0)

Unknown said...

Hey I wish we had fun like that here :-(

CherryPie said...

You have much more fun at work than me...

cheshire wife said...

Looks like fun but I think that I might get the sack if I did anything like that. Yes, I know I work for stick in the mud people.