Monday, August 25, 2008

The weekend away

So we've been to Derby this weekend for the in-laws' diamond wedding anniversary Sunday lunch party. And a good time was had by all. On Saturday evening we went to Husband's extra-rich sister's show-house home for a meal, which was very nice. George came with us and he was so well-behaved!

The only trouble is that not only are sisters-in-law smarter than me, they both work and earn lots of money. So what with the teasing because I'm an idle kept woman, and coming back to a home with cobwebs and a half-painted hall, I am an even bigger mass of complexes than before.
But don't worry; it'll pass soon. Meanwhile here's me - minus shoes - with Elder Son (left as you look at the photo) and Younger Son. (I did wear shoes but they hurt so much I left them off for as long as I could.) Daughter couldn't attend because Son-in-law was on call. It was a shame but couldn't be avoided: you never know when people are going to crash in their car and need a new bit of face made.


Oh, yes, I nearly forgot. When Husband saw me dressed up for the lunch party he said, 'Moo.' How to make a girl feel good! I've suggested he take up counselling as a career.

13 comments:

MaryB said...

You look fabulous! Love the hair, Girlfriend!

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

You are gorgeous! Husband's should never be allowed to give comments about appearance! Mine once told me (thinking he was giving high compliment) that I (insert big sigh with eyes rolling!) looked very motherly!!! I know better than to ask now. ;-)

Glad you had a good time--don't let their material success bother you--you are a writer, and everyone knows that writers are never paid what they are worth!

Dragonstar said...

You look lovely! So young and slim. Great to see you with your boys, too.

CherryPie said...

You look lovely and you have such a sunny smile :-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh comments from husbands!
Al depends what they are after! LOL!

Suburbia said...

THAT IS A TYPICAL HUSBAND COMMENT!
I think you look absolutly great and I love your dress.
Being a writer is FAR more interesting that well paid work! I bet they are secretly jelous :)

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh till my eyes watered! You are wonderful. Those sister-in-laws can't be a patch on you. I thought you looked very smart in your lovely dress ...... now what was that I read about George being good ....
Wendy (Wales)

Richard Havers said...

I'd stay idle and kept...

cheshire wife said...

You look great in that dress with or without shoes.

Do not worry about your sisiter-in-laws they probably envy you.

MissKris said...

They don't come much better looking than you and your two 'boys'! What a lovely photo, Liz.

Rose said...

I'm sure your sisters-in-law are jealous of you, because you are looking good!
Of course, I'm still salivating over those blueberry muffins...

Leslie: said...

What a meany husband! Your dress looks nothing like cow hide and I think it's lovely! And such handsome sons! By the way, LOVE your hair like that! :D

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Pleased you had a good time, you look lovely.

Richness doesn;t always bring happiness!!!