Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Me, the drunk and the boat

When we were out on Saturday night I spotted, across the road, Jim and his dog, Freda. I said, 'He lives in a tent by the river.'

Then, in the car on our way to the Indian restaurant I pointed out Gerry. 'He's Zac's in-house drunk. He lives under a bush.'

Husband looked at me. 'It's a bit disturbing that you are on first names terms with Swansea's down and outs.'
'Oh, Gerry doesn't know my name. Every time he sees me he says, "I know you. You come on the boat with us."'
I've given up arguing with Gerry, even though, as far as I am aware, they're all men on the boat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish I had so many men on the boat. Lucky you, I bet husband is really secretly jealous.

xx

Tim Atkinson said...

We've spent the last few days in south Wales, and frankly, anyone with a boat is at a distinct advantage!