Thursday, August 07, 2008

I have a puffy foot!

I just looked 'puffy foot' up on the Internet. I should not have done that. I am way too much of a hypochondriac to ever look up a symptom.

Now I have decided I have a bad heart. Either that or it is old age. I refuse to let it be old age. I am jiggling my feet continually now to try to make sure blood gets there. It's all to do with veins being lazy, y'know. Husband would say it is typical of me to have lazy veins; they fit in with the rest of me.

And my hoover stopped working in the middle of the lounge.

I took the plug apart and changed the fuse - amidst much muttering and grumbling trying to find screwdrivers and fuses - and it still doesn't work. So it is added to Husband's to-do list. But it was quite impressive that I knew how to change a fuse in the first place.

Update
To find out if I had a bad heart I needed to climb a mountain. I didn't have a mountain but walked up a big hill quite quickly and I didn't have a heart attack so I guess it must be age or heat or both. THe thing is, if you have a heart condition you get sympathy; all you get for growing old is laughed at.

P.S. I'm not making light of heart problems - I know some people have terrible difficulties - just mocking my own hypochondria.

11 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

did you make sure it was the correct sized fuse? How do you know the fuse was blown - you should have tried swapping it with one a plug you knew DID work.

Anonymous said...

Puffy foot sounds ouchy. Take good care of you, sweet one.

Hullabrounaha

xx

cheshire wife said...

The hoover can be replaced if it has had a heart attack but you can't. Look after yourself.

Dragonstar said...

Hot weather = puffy feet. Wait until winter to worry!
Never mind your skill in fuse-changing - I think finding the screwdriver rates higher! Those things are never where they should be.

CherryPie said...

I agree with Dragonstar it is the hot weather :-)

Leslie: said...

I am impressed! I didn't even know that hoovers have fuses.

If it's only one foot that's puffy, I'd go and see the doctor. If it's both, then you probably have water retention due to the heat. Drink LOTS of water to flush it out.

Katney said...

What Leslie said is wise advice.

And watch your sodium. After a bout with swollen feet and ankles, I find that certain foods will trigger a relapse. I cannot eat commercially made or restaurant soup twice in a row, and I have to be careful of Chinese food. Heaven help me if I even look at corned beef.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Puffy feet = fluid retention, salt overload, allergy of some sort, hot weather...occasionally a heart condition.

There you go, Liz, I've given you plenty to worry about. However, in all seriousness, if it continues, get it checked out.

Anonymous said...

Only one foot? How is the other one?

I have a puffy **** jusdt thought I would mention it...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. Well, if it's any comfort, I have a puffy foot too! I am full of admiration that you tried to sort the hoover plug!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Liz, you kill me. It probably has more to do with salt intake and maybe sitting too long at your computer. That's why I get puffy feet from time to time. Your heart is just fine sweetie.