Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Bloggy brilliant but not necessarily naked

Some of the Bloghounds blogs are awfully intelligent. I say that although I don't actually know it in fact as I don't understand what they're talking about. But they use big trendy words and sound as if they understand what's going on in the world. I do try to visit occasionally but I'm usually overpowered and speechless. On the other hand I can't imagine for one minute that they'd find anything of interest in my blog so we're square. (Or more like oval-shaped really in my case.)

I have just read Calum's blog and finds that he aligns himself with me, as being those who expose themselves. To derision of all things. Me? I ask you: what is there to deride or laugh at in my blog? It records my life, which is a serious burden, with, and through which, I struggle. Falling-down knickers are not to be - oh, no, no, no, I was going to write sniffed at, but no, no, no! - taken lightly. Such is the stuff of tragedy.

* * * * * * * * *

I know a man that I have always thought of as well-meaning and, in many ways, quite innocent. But a few things have happened recently that make me wonder whether he is, in fact, manipulative and hiding it under a cloak of naivety. I shall watch him with a new wariness.

* * * * * * * * *

Shall I take a photo of my fingernail? It's awfully long and it's sure to break soon. Even though I keep stroking it and talking nicely to it. You see, I bite my nails so one that grows is an exception to be adored and fussed over.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the knickers etc etc!

ArneA said...

Must have missed the background, but as you say:
Can´t by me love and I am simply A fool on the hill
and outside it is raining.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...You are right some bloggers are terribly clever I am surprised I am not on yer list as I am terribly clever!

AphotoAday said...

Now, please don't take this in a negative fashion, but I read your post twice and still haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. (LOL)

jams o donnell said...

Clever blogging is one thing I never promise on the Poor Mouth. Go on give us a pic of your fingernail. I bite mine too so a long nail is a rare treat!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Lindsay.

very good, arnea!

Did I leave you off, Mutley? How remiss of me. Wait a minute, I didn't mention any names!!

aphotoaday, don't worry. I often feel like that myself!

Oh, jams, you do lots of clever blogging - but it's interesting too. It's the political stuff I can't be doing with!! (said in northern acent.)

Anonymous said...

You and me both, Liz.

jmb said...

Well you can imagine how I feel at the UK political blogs. Still I feel it is my duty to follow them in BP for the odd non political post to comment on.

Calum is getting very daring, letting it all hang out over there. Sort of.

Leslie: said...

Don't you feel a bit off-balance with only one long nail? ;)

Bill Haydon said...

Well exposing yourself is what blogging is all about for me: I can indulge my kind of egoism without fear!

And for what it's worth I'm a kind of oval shape too, all the more these days as my hair emigrates.