Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I forgot to tell you

Husband was in the greenhouse when he spotted George, sitting by the raspberry bushes, picking off and eating the fruit.

Husband says it's my fault for sharing my bananas, oranges, grapes, cherries, apples ... any fruit with George. I've turned him into a fruit-eater.

Other people need nets to protect their fruit from birds; we need a george-net.

And now I can see him and he's decided to dig a hole in the middle of our front lawn. George!!!!!!
At least he can't reach the peaches.

10 comments:

Maggie May said...

First fruit eating dog I have ever come across!

Dragonstar said...

Badger and her brother used to love blackberries. They'd come in with their tongues looking as if they were Chows!

Lindsay said...

Rescue Dog dissapointed when the strawberry season had ended is now helping himself to the raspberries just like George - I have never known Rescue Dog to eat a tomato though - so we are hoping for a good crop of those.

Anonymous said...

Mutts eats blackberries off bushes and apple cores. Including the pips which we are told are poisonous. Mutts has always eaten them...

jmb said...

Cleo always ate the plums that fell from the tree, you know the rotten, overripe ones. She left the pits all over the back deck.

jmb said...

Pips I mean.

jmb said...

I think.

Susan said...

Well if my cat can eat corn then George can eat fruit. We are trying to teach everyone to eat healthy. At least our pets are doing well.

jams o donnell said...

It's never a dull moment with George eh?

Suburbia said...

My Mums retriever eats fruit. It eats everything you give it really!


Are you sure he can't reach the peaches? Not even if he stands on his very tippy toes?!!