Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Knit one, purl one

I have had an idle-diedle day today. Lots of blogging, replying to long-awaiting emails, walking and a bit of work. I blame it on ... um ... I don't know. I live in a non-blame culture so it can't just be sheer idleness on my part. Tra la la.

Anyway, what I was going to say was that Siani is promoting the Save the Children campaign to knit baby hats. You can find out more by going to their website or by visiting Siani, who also mentions that, should you decide to knit a hat, don't use white wool as it's seen as the colour of death.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Liz :).

Maggie May said...

I'm also doing this & sending them to Save The Children. I am also pinning messages on them that will be relayed to Gordon Brown, as asked. Messages like ........" I took i hour to knit this hat. during that time 3 &1/2 coach loads of children have died. What are you doing about that Mr Brown?"

Liz Hinds said...

Great stuff, maggie may!

Unknown said...

Me? Knit? That is a skill I have never mastered.

Suburbia said...

It's at moments like this that I wish I could knit!

The message thing sounds a brilliant idea.

Anonymous said...

Will anyone knit me a hat? NO! Its not really fair is it ?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - I've been looking for a charity knit for ages! I have loads of baby woll waiting for the non-existent grandchild so will get my needles out. What a lovely project. I'll use the 'wool' angle to get Lola the Lamb involved too.

Liz Hinds said...

Me neither, nick.

Yes, the message bit is the only bit I could do too, suburbia!

Dogs look silly in hats, mutts.

book owl, glad to hear it.