Thursday, May 01, 2008

Early morning exercise

Our routine
I get up, make a fuss of George, let him out to wee.
I switch on the computer, put on the kettle, get his breakfast.
He comes in, eats his breakfast, I make tea and start on my bran flakes.
He goes out to poo; I say to him, 'Don't you dare run away.'

So this morning the second thing he does is climb over the front fence; I run out and drag him back.
He sits and sulks; I return to the study and watch.
He rushes over the fence and heads for his escape route.
I dash upstairs, pull jogging trousers and jumper over nightie and bedsocks, grab his lead and make for the gate.

He is halfway down the road. I call him, he looks round and speeds up.
I start trotting and catch up with him as he's about to go in someone's garden. I try threats and treats. He prefers a new garden. The Terrier's garden. I follow him so far but feel it won't really do for me to be seen running round their back garden, so I go back to the road and wait.

Now comes my brilliant idea. (Oh, how many times have you read that?)

I crouch down outside the garden wall, where he can't see me, so I can grab him when he comes out.

Seconds pass. Then minutes. I am wondering whether I should check what he's doing when I hear the tinkling of his collar. Behind me. I look round and he's further down the road, watching me.

As is the man in the portakabin set up, a few yards along the road, as our polling booth for today.

The tone is set for my day.

9 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

You need to put a big bell on his collar, eh?

Semaj Mahgih said...

Ha, ha - outwitted by George but you'll outwit him in the end.

Rose said...

Thanks for starting my day off with a chuckle, Liz. I am picturing you lying in wait for George. As I've told you before, George's exploits always bring back fond memories of Roco, my dog.

Liked your original offering for "o" yesterday; I can relate to that!

Rose said...

Sorry, but it's me again..I meant to thank you for your post a few days ago about word verification. Someone (or thing??) must have been reading it, because the words are so much clearer!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Still laughing! Yes, A bell for George, I think.

leslie said...

ROTFLOL!!!

CherryPie said...

:-) I agree a bell is called for!

tippy said...

Absolutely delightful making me laugh till i cried & held my sides.What a marvelous sense of humor you have! THANX FOR SHARING.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes