Monday, April 14, 2008

Guilt and the hot pasty

Popped in to see Auntie Maud on the way home from work today. She's not so good but I'm pleased to say that lady in the next bed is still alive.

On my way I bought a pasty for Younger Son. I'm not entirely sure why but I had a sort of guilty feeling about him. I've come to the conclusion that guilt is fertilised at the same moment as the egg. When the embryo's in the womb, mother feels guilty for not playing it enough classical music and thus damaging its potential, and guilt flourishes from there.

But what I meant to say was that I can't remember the last time I bought myself something as unhealthy as a yummy hot pasty. My diet is fairly good. So the only conclusion I can reach as to why my weight isn't dropping off is not that I eat the wrong foods but that I eat too much of the right foods.

Oh, and Uriah Heep walked in front of me today! Or if it wasn't him then it was another of Dickens's characters.
xx

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

My diet is fairly good. So the only conclusion I can reach as to why my weight isn't dropping off is not that I eat the wrong foods but that I eat too much of the right foods.

You seem to have the same problem as me ;-) I guess the odd glass of wine that I have doesn't help...

Leslie: said...

I think it's a problem we all have - I can stay away from the all the "bad" stuff, but then overindulge in the "good" stuff. *sigh* A pound of lettuce is still a pound, right?

Suburbia said...

I'm back!
Do you know I think you're right about the guilt thing, definatly formed at birth and ends...?