Saturday, March 08, 2008

Runaway dogs

I was working in work today; Husband was working from home. Mid-morning he phoned me. George had escaped again.

He's done it a few times this week and I haven't been able to spot how he's getting out. Normally I notice he's missing quite soon and he's usually just in next door's back garden. Today he was missing for about half an hour. Husband went out and searched for him but he came back eventually of his accord. With a bulging tummy.

We're keeping or heads down and if anyone says they're missing a guinea-pig we'll blame the foxes. 'We get an awful lot around here.'

Kate, my shiatsu practitioner, fears her dog's tummy may be bulging soon but for an altogether different reason.

Kate arrived a little late for our shiatsu session yesterday morning. She was flushed and explained she'd been chasing her on-heat dog, Saffi, who in turn was chasing a three-legged Jack Russell. 'Who could run surprisingly fast!'

I thought it was a little ungentlemanly of him to run away from a lady but then again maybe his disability made it impossible for him to, um, do what Saffi wanted.

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh my! I'm laughing out loud sitting here all alone! That's a good one! ROTFLOL

Gledwood said...

Oh dear me the tribulations of being a dog it sounds even worse than being a roborovski (with me as owner)...

let me get this str8 the 3-legged male dog was running AWAY from the female in heat... boy she must have been so hot she was molten!!

Gledwood said...

ps I'm sure they could have managed it if they used a conveniently parked Mini Metro or something like that...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Very ungentlemanly but not unusual in the human male, either!