Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Haven't had a photo for two posts

Isn't it always the way? You think your child has malaria at least and when the doctor arrives, your child is up, running around, and demanding food. It was a bit like that with George. By the time I took him to the vet he was full of beans.

The vet has given us some different worming powder to use three nights consecutively and some probiotics to help calm down his tum . She suggested adding warm water to his food to make it smell more attractive, and also cooking a little chicken or rice to try and tempt him to eat. I did point out that he seems quite happy eating stones, fluff and leaves, both fresh and fallen, but she didn't think it was a wholly appropriate diet for a young pup.

He definitely has Harvey's genes. We would always make sure Harvey had a bowl of water indoors but he much preferred to go outside and find a dirty puddle from which to drink; George is doing the same.

xx

9 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I said it before and I will repeat it ad nauseam, he's a little sweetie!

Liz Hinds said...

I keep saying the same thing, Jams! I've been trying to comment on your blog but without success - although I think it might have been an internet connection problem so I'll try again in a minute.

mdmhvonpa said...

Dirty puddles have more flavor!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww. He's still cute (with or with worms *whisper*)!
And I fill my dogs water bowl but she prefers to drink from the horrible dirty pond!!

James Higham said...

George is going to be just wonderful, Liz.

jmb said...

Well at least you can always post a photo of George if you can't think of anything to post.
The readers seem quite happy. We'll have to think of some new adjectives besides cute else your commenters will bore you to tears.

Leslie: said...

I specifically popped over to see more about George. I'll never tire of seeing him grow and hearing about his puppy antics.

Anonymous said...

I've been off planet and am just now catching up on happenings here on earth. So glad that George picked you to be his caretakers. He is a fine looking dog. Why "George"?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Simi's the same! Whenever we're out she's just got to drink from a puddle!