Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hairspray

A few years ago, on a cleaning spree, I bought a bottle of glass cleaner, the type with a spray nozzle. Going to use it, I twiddled a few times with the nozzle before peering at the writing on it. It said, 'NO.' So, obviously, that meant it was off and I would have to turn it the other way to make it spray. It took me quite a long time and a lot of grumbling about new-fangled technology before I realised what I was doing wrong.
Who got too close when mummy was washing Betty then?

10 comments:

Anna said...

George looks just like Harvey in that photo!!!!

His naughty cousin has been rolling around in so much poo that she has changed colour. I hope that George is better behaved than that! Somebody is going in the bath (again) later...

Anna said...

Hang on a minute. you're washing Betty? What's with the cleanfest? We're girls! we don't wash cars!!!

Liz Hinds said...

I hope that isn't the sort of thing Holly is going to teach George!

Well, George was full of beans so I took him outside and as we were there I thought I would. Dad doesn't wash Betty.

mdmhvonpa said...

Sooo, 'NO' is the reverse of 'ON'?

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, mdm.

Anonymous said...

I've heard there are variants
of that nozzle designed to work only in Australia. I believe you have to turn them through 90 degrees ;-)

Leslie: said...

Don't you have drive-through car washes? In the winter I just do the windows and drive through when the white turns beige. :D

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Aaaaah!

Unknown said...

We do need to make a change in the English language, especially since “on” read upside down is “no.” If Alex had received a bit of spray on his (fine) coat, the cat would have hidden from me—at least until his next feeding time.

James Higham said...

Ah, Liz, these anecdotes are sweet. Makes me feel I've got a soul or something [Wodehouse].