Monday, November 19, 2007

A day of appointments

It wasn't meant to be; that's just the way it has turned out.

I was so (oh so) poorly when I woke this morning that Husband said I should go and see the doctor. My throat is very tender and it hurts when I talk. Otherwise I'm okay, apart from the snuffly nose that will probably be with me for months. The snuffles like to hang around I find: my nose is large and comfortable for them.

The doctor looked at my throat and said he didn't think it was a bacterial infection adding, 'But we doctors usually get it wrong.' I don't want him to tell me that! I am probably one of the few people who still has faith in doctors. I don't want to think that they could be wrong. Anyway he gave me a prescription saying not to get it for 24-48 hours to see which way my throat goes.

He also asked if I was feverish or hot. I replied that I was hot in the night, but acknowledged that 'at my age that could be anything.'

Enough of me; over to George. We're taking him back to the vet this afternoon as the poor little thing has (whisper this) worms. He is subdued and not eating. He is supposed to have been wormed before we had him but they must not have done it properly. Bless his little cotton socks, he is so gorgeous and coochy.

I've had porridge for lunch. I've been craving it for days so being poorly seemed like a good excuse. And now I remember how yummy it is, I will eat it more often. Made the proper way with milk and served with sugar, of course. I'm Welsh not Scottish.
xxx

7 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly, Liz. I wouldn't want my dr to tell me he often gets it wrong either! Poor little George, bless him.. Now you wrap up warm and keep eating the porridge!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. I love eating porridge too and will often eat it for supper if I fancy a late snack. I buy Jordan's wholemeal variety, use organic skimmed milk and then add fresh fruit, my favourite being two tangerines.
My sons have the normal porridge with full fat milk and a scoop of Nutella spread.
Two varieties in my household which you may wish to try out.

Anonymous said...

Ah hope you (and George) feel better soon.
Porrige, I make it with milk and and top with sugar - that's the only way *runs and ducks*

Liz Hinds said...

I don't feel that bad in myself, welshcakes. I was even thinking about going to circuit training tonight but i think the heavy breathing wouldn't have done my throat any good!

Ellee, I use Sainsburys with added bran and semi-skimmed milk. Nutella, mm, good idea.

We'll soon be fit anf ine again I'm sure, 4kids!

jmb said...

Now I woke up this morning with a sore throat and drippy nose. I must have got this from you, I hope I don't get worms from George.

Get well soon. We can commiserate together.

mdmhvonpa said...

Worms eh ... not pleasant. Such is a dog's life, eh?

Leslie: said...

I was going to ask if your porridge was oatmeal or the cream of wheat type. We enjoy both types here and I always put brown sugar on top. It should ease your throat if you make it with lots of milk.

Poor George! Sounds like he's getting on a bit better now, tho'.