Monday, October 15, 2007

What the postman brought

I've had two strange pieces of mail recently.

The first is an invitation from the doctor to have a flu vaccination. It is recommended for those over 65 or with certain chronic conditions. I am neither. And that will be on my records at the surgery, so why have they invited me? Unless they know something I don't know ...

I'm pretty sure I don't have a chronic condition - I think I would have noticed - so the only reason that looks possible from the list in the letter is 'absence of spleen'. They must have read my blog and, seeing an absence of spleen, drawn their own conclusions.

I had better vent my spleen more often.

The other letter was also an invitation, this time to a workshop, to 'discover the secrets of making money through property investment'.

Now they must think I have money to invest. Presumably they've done some financial research to give them that idea - but if they've done financial research they'll have found out that I'm a part-time church administrator that even the tax-man feels sorry for. They need better researchers. Gissa job!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right to be worried. Is it possible that you are older than you think?? Maybe you are over 65 and have forgotten. Maybe you have some horrible amnesia inducing condition and you are both over 65 and have a horrible condition - but you forgot. You can however console yourself with your property fortune which you had forgotten as well.

Liz Hinds said...

I can only hope, mutley. Some days I could well believe it.

Unknown said...

Hmmm… Both pieces of mail were rather presumptive, weren’t they? (And thanks, Liz, for the reminder that I am in the category of those needing a flu shot).

Shades said...

I got one as well- It seems Diabetes is a vulnerable group

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, give vent to more spleen! - On second thoughts, stay as nice as you are, Liz1