Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Still apocalyptic

It was Andy's birthday on Saturday. On Friday I bought him a card. I think I wrote it but I have no idea what I did with it after that.

Today I opened Betty's passenger door and found a card down the side of the seat. 'Goody,' I said. 'Andy's card.' But I turned it over and found it was addressed to Deni.

It was Deni's birthday in September, and I didn't even know I'd lost her card.

There is very little hope I fear.

* * * * * * * * *

I do sometimes wonder if I am speaking a different language from others.

The email conversation (in brief) went like this.
Me: Please do this.
Me (some weeks later): Have you done this yet?
Her: When are you going to do this for me?

I used to work with an ex-public-schoolboy with Boris Johnson hair before Boris had it. He was fond of saying, as he ran his fingers through his floppy fringe, 'I despair!' I know what he means.

* * * * * * * * * *

In circuits last night, by chance, one of the songs playing was Can you feel it? by The Jacksons (I think). Jane Fonda used the same song on her workout record many years ago. To this day I can't hear it without clenching my bottom. Going for the burn.

Speaking of bottoms and circuits, when I box, my bottom wobbles.

* * * * * * * * *

I did the What movie? quiz again, with more questions and altering some of my answers: I still got Apocalypse Now. Alun says it is very significant. Until I find, and deal with, my shadow I can never be truly happy.

My arts therapist says much the same thing.

I think I'm happy now. But happy with myself? That's another story.

10 comments:

Anna said...

Britney's bottom wobbles, too - when she walks. I saw it in her new video. Does that help?

Anonymous said...

I suspect my bottom wobbles, but I don't often walk around looking behind me ;0) !

I'm terrible with birthday cards I loose them a lot. Oh and car keys, house keys, purse, camera, phone,..not children though!

jmb said...

Another bottom wobbler! My has been affected by gravity for a loooong time.
I'm happy too but never with myself. I blame my mother.

James Higham said...

Me: Please do this.
Me (some weeks later): Have you done this yet?

Careful Liz - don't let it become nagging. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I remember the Jane Fonda workout and "going for the burn" - would I had the energy now! Why aren't you happy with yourself? - You're fun, you're kind, you're attractive and you CAN WRITE! [You can even dig gardens!]

Leslie: said...

my bottom wibbles cuz it was never big enough to get to the wobble. I'm more round in the front than the back - ick.

got caught up on your posts and now must go and do the what movie are you? quiz. Will let you know.

:D

Leslie: said...

Okay, I'm back. Apparently, I'm Sunset Boulevard which means I'm all about fame and success and avoiding been seen as ordinary. Hmmm...??? Maybe...

Unknown said...

Did you ever find Andy’s card?

Mauigirl said...

I totally relate. I am getting more and more forgetful lately.

Did both quizzes; I'm Abe Lincoln and Easy Rider!

Liz Hinds said...

Britney's?! Gosh, who'd have thought it?

The trouble with boxing, 4kids, is that I can feel my bottom moving faster than my arms are! And you're obviously not trying hard enough: I'm sure you could lose the kids if you really tried! (Just temporarily of course!)

I know what you mean, jmb.

Oh, I do hope not, James!

Ah, if you really knew me, Welshcakes!

Leslie, the front probably wobbles too; I just feel it more at the back! Sunset Boulevard, hm.

No, Nick, I didn't. I'm going to have buy another - belated apologetic - card. Perhaps I'll find it ready for next year.

Mauigirl, Alun in work was Abe and Easy too. He rather liked that but I think he was lying in his answers!