Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I do love you really even if I don't say so

Twice recently I've left the room and come back to the monitor saying, 'Your computer was trying to do naughty things so Windows switched it off.'

Elder Son thinks it's trying to go shopping; I think it's looking for love. Trying to find a puta mate on a Singles website. I must give it more affection. It must be hard working away all day with no appreciation or gratitude; I wouldn't like it. So I must make a point of thanking it - and rewarding it when it does a really good job. A pat on the box. It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

No it's trying to leave a message for you telling you that technology is taking over that you should switch it off and go back to real life.... Then the other computers "see" it's about to do this and they shut it down.

Yours is a rebel, a freedom fighter, a supressed revolutionary...

Liz Hinds said...

You mean this isn't real life, Furtheron?

I like the idea of my computer being a rebel!

jmb said...

Definitely give it more love and attention. Can you imagine your life without it? What did we do before computers? Do you remember?