Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The diets don't work

Before coming home from holiday, I resolved that, as soon as I got home, I would start a serious SERIOUS diet. My clothes are too tight and uncomfortable and I'm not happy about it so I need to. The trouble is I haven't had much success with dieting over the last few months. And it's not as if I eat excessively. True, I went out for a meal on Friday night, and for Sunday lunch, and I'm going out to eat tonight - but that's not usual.

I probably have some rare disease whereby you don't eat much but you still put on weight. That really is the only possible answer. It's probably called secretsnacksdontcountitis.

* * * * * * * * * *

I was just reading Gledwood's blog and he mentioned that the evenings seem suddenly to have got much darker. I was thinking exactly the same thing last night: it's getting late early. Much faster than it has in previous years I'm sure. It must be global warming. Or it's President Bush's fault.

* * * * * * * * *

I am trying to think of something intelligent to write (or write about). Visiting Blogpower bloggers, I realise again how much more erudite, considered and thoughtful they are. And how much they know about what is going on in the world.

Okay, well, that's 10 minutes I have spent staring into space trying to think of something intelligent. I give up.

By the way, does anyone have a toad I could borrow? I have a wart on my wrist.
xx

3 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Indeed, global warming. Heh .. yeah, because the North pole is melting and the south pole is getting bigger and the planet is tipping so we will see less sun in the northern hemisphere! (ignore the fact that if we see less sun, that would mean less warming). That's the story and I'm sticking with it! Well, at least till I can figure out a more convincing one.

Liz Hinds said...

It works for me, mdm.

jmb said...

It is pretty intimidating to read some of our fellow BP bloggers. Luckily I have an excuse with the political ones.
Shall we start our own online diet group? No charge unlike some other online groups.