Monday, August 13, 2007

This'n'that

Yesterday I had determined that I would catch up with some of my writing tasks, then Husband asked if I wanted to go for a ride in Brian (our open-top Beetle). I said yes without a blink.

That is why I am spectacularly unsuccessful at anything in life ... except enjoying it.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

This weekend Younger Son has been to the Bulldog Bash, a music and motorbike festival, apparently run by Hell's Angels. On Thursday night The Wurzels were headlining; on Friday it was Status Quo. He wasn't impressed with the Quo: all their music sounds the same he said. D'uh, yes.

* * * * * * * * * * *

After nearly four months of working in Swansea, and mostly from home, from tomorrow, Husband starts working away all week again. We'll get used to it; we always do. It doesn't mean we enjoy it.

It's been lovely having him around.
xx

3 comments:

Clare said...

Liz, being successful at enjoying life is one of the most important things you can be good at it. I hope you enjoyed your ride in Brian!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh we did, Clare. And the ice cream!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I used to love The Wurzels!