Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Holly and the Harvey

We were supposed to be going to Devon this weekend to dogsit but we didn't want to leave Harvey so ... Husband, who was working away, travelled home via Devon, to bring Holly to stay with us.



Harvey, as usual when we have this young visitor, felt obliged to put on a show so, after Husband had lifted him into the garden, he walked round a bit. Very slowly but he did it. We waited to see what he would do when he reached the top of the steps as turning causes him some problems but, very gradually, little step by little step, he managed to turn himself round.

Holly can't understand why Harvey is apparently standing, staring into space; she doesn't realise he's adapting my 'I'm just admiring the scenery' approach when I stop, panting, halfway up a hill.

And this evening he ate some fish skin and a bit of dog food - hand-fed by me. One is born every minute.

* * * * * * * * * *

A couple of posts previously I said I'd put my foot in it again. This wasn't blogging related although several people seemed to think it was. Does this mean I have blogged something for which I should be apologising as well?!

xx

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, dear Harvey - good that he has eaten something, isn't it? And poor Holly - of course she can't understand, bless her. Simi's thoughts and mine are with you all. xxxx

jmb said...

This must be a very tough time for you Liz, but it's great that he's trying to make the effort for Holly. I hope he doesn't overdo it in his enthusiasm.
regards
jmb

Anonymous said...

It was the same when we were young children, wasn't it? Did we understand the aches and pains of our elders? Harvey is a proud man.

Anonymous said...

Fish skin?