Thursday, February 08, 2007

Walkies today

Everyone is enjoying or hating the snow and this what we get:

The tide goes out a long way in the bay.

If you walk down the road from our house, and past the playing fields, you reach Swansea Bay. I rarely walked Harvey there as he'd get his nose down following a scent and wander for miles with ne'er a thought for me. But Holly's different. If you've got a stick for her to chase, she'll stick with you.


It was fine going; coming back, walking into the wind and rain, didn't half make my nose run. It's a nuisance, isn't it? You have to stop, take off your gloves, find your hankie, blow your nose, put your hankie away, put your gloves back on, walk ten yards, stop, take off your gloves etc.





I can understand someone losing a flip flop in the middle of summer ...





Walking back through the wood, a nasty dog began hassling Holly. I called her and she ran to me although I'm not sure what either of us thought I was going to do.


What puzzles me is the number of people who say to Holly (or said to Harvey), 'My, my, just look at you; you'll be having a bath when you get home!' Just because they're covered in sand or mud? It'll dry and drop off. No worries.



Coal nuggets, remnants of Swansea's industrial heritage, in amongst the shell debris.





Not in our garden but very pretty.

10 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Not snowing there, then? I love primroses.

Anonymous said...

Such variation in the weather, especially when the news programmes are telling us that South Wales is worst hit. Odd.

Anonymous said...

I like the pics too. Snowing or not, they make attractive scenes.

Anonymous said...

"Coal nuggets, remnants of Swansea's industrial heritage, in amongst the shell debris."

Might these be something other?


http://www.seaham.i12.com/sos/sea-coal.html

ej said...

Very beautiful pics...

I would like to go someday. Sounds like there is a very intresting history behind the pics as well...

ej

James Higham said...

You walked us through a fascinating day out. By the way, watch out for Girlpower tomorrow evening.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I love these pictures Liz....especially the first one. Thanks for the walk...

Anonymous said...

I lived with two dogs for a while, another while ago. The owner insisted on bathing them every time they got rainsoaked or muddy. Those two dogs were very smelly. It wasn't their fault. The owner was bathing away all their natural oils. I read once you shouldn't bath dogs often. You do right Liz.

All your lovely coastal pics are drawing me in. Pete and I must get to the sea soon, I think. When the present wintry (how dare they) conditions have passed over.

Sissy Willis said...

I was wondering . . . They can send a man to the moon. Why can't they invent nose tampons for times like this?

Heather Yaxley said...

I have no pride when walking my dogs - if my nose runs, I use the back of my gloves as they can go in the washing machine when I get home. Unlike the dogs, who get a bath if they are really muddy, but otherwise enjoy rolling round on their duvets to get clean and dry.