Wednesday, February 07, 2007

North, south

Holly has a much better understanding of the concept of direction than Harvey has. To be honest, Harvey has never grasped it. When I throw a stick and it goes in a direction neither Holly nor I anticipated, I can say, 'Over there,' pointing, and Holly will go 'over there'.

She also does tricks: rolling over, standing on her back legs, shaking hands, high fiving. She is amazing.

Can you imagine what I will be like when I finally get to be a grandmama? My grandchildren will all be child prodigies.

Not that Harvey isn't clever, you understand. He doesn't do tricks but that is because we never taught him to. It's our fault, not his. And he was just agile at leaping in and out of rivers when he was younger.

Harvey, however, is much more generous. He has let Holly come into his house and make herself at home, while Holly will try and squeeze in between Harvey and me if she thinks he is getting my attention. Poor Harvs. I tell him we have to make a fuss of her as she is missing her mummy. He is very understanding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both dogs look smart.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Wonderful, generous Harvs.