Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tonight, Matthew, I have ...

I woke in the middle of the night with a vile headache. And that's the worst time: you immediately - correction, you are probably a rational, sane person - I immediately start to think I have a brain tumour. Although for some reason last night I decided I was about to have a haemorrhage.
In truth I knew I was just dehydrated after not drinking enough before, during and after circuits. But try telling me that at 4 am.
Aren't these tulips lovely? A friend brought them for me last night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, if you'd text me, I'd have told you to drink the reservoir dry! Yes, even at 4 in the morning - I was awake, starving, as had to have fasting blood test at 8.30 this morning!

Anonymous said...

Headaches are horrible at the best of times, let alone at 4am. You know the answer now, Liz - circuit training cannot be undertaken without a drip feed of water.

Maybe there is an invention in there somewhere - an intraveinous water drip located inside a track suit / jogging tops & bottom / anything you wear in the gym. Or has someone already thought of it?

Joy Des Jardins said...

It's hard to be rational in the middle of the night when your head is pounding Liz. All you want is for it to go away. Of course you know by now....it was JUST a rotten headache.

Those tulips are just beautiful....gorgeous purple...

Liz Hinds said...

Indeed, it was just a rotten headache, seen off by two paracetamol.

The trouble is, drink a lot and it has other effects ... some a man would understand, some only a woman who's had children would!

Lee said...

Beautiful tulips.

It's amazing what we can convince ourselves to believe at 4am in the morning! Drink more water! That is the plea! :)