Monday, January 08, 2007

I've done it!

Written my sample article and sent it off. Now all I have to do is wait for the response.

In the meantime,
here, according to its own blurb, is the premier online repository for pictures of dogs in bee costumes.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Harvey isn't speaking to me.



See? He's sulking ...yes, you are ... it's no good humpfhing at me. He's sulking because I made him go out this morning.

Or, more accurately, I threw him out.

In the rain.

He wanted to go out ... yes, you did. He hadn't been out since some time yesterday evening and he'd eaten his breakfast and drunk his water since then. The trouble was, not only was there the problem of the step to negotiate, it was also raining.

Now, normally, I'd go outside and help him gently down the step - when I told a friend Harvey'd lost his confidence, she burst out laughing, and asked if he needed counselling - but it was raining, I was in my slippers and he'd been barking almost non-stop since I'd got up, incluing when I was in the shower. So I sort of threw him out. Insofar as a weak and feeble woman can throw anything weighing 35 kg that doesn't want to be thrown.

So he hasn't spoken to me since.

It's quite a pleasant change.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Linden Church Sunday meetings start at 11.00 am LST (Linden Standard Time - at least 15 minutes later than BST); yesterday it started at 11.00 am BST. This meant there were only about 8 people there, including the musicians. Even I wasn't there and I was supposed to be on welcoming duty.

I grumbled to Janet, one of the leaders. 'If you're going to start at 11 you should warn people.'
Her answer that everyone knows meetings start at 11 doesn't really hold water when you're working in different time zones.

The leaders occasionally take it into their heads that we should start starting on time. I am confident it won't last.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Chris, who was speaking yesterday, has a new - first - grandson, Evan. He was born prematurely and now weighs 5½ lbs. As Chris said, 'That is less than some people put on over Christmas.'

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sorry, Liz, but I think the 'dog in fancy dress' thing is something else for Chux's Deathstar to deal with. No wonder Harvey's not speaking to you. He probably thinks that, as well as chucking him out in the rain, you're also going to make him wear a snorkelling outfit, or something.