Monday, January 08, 2007

I shouldn't have done that

I just sent a query email to a magazine. As is my wont I recorded it on my work diary. Then I looked back over the lat year. I really shouldn't have done that.

Out of 25 queries or submissions, I had 8 'No reply', 16 rejections and 1 'yes'.

What can I learn from this?

Either give up trying or - and this is what I intend to do - try harder!

Wowee! I have had an instant reply, asking for more details, from the magazine I just approached! It's a start ...

4 comments:

Serena said...

Congrats on your "Yes!" Rejections always outnumber acceptances. It's some kind of warped law of nature. Keep querying!

Anonymous said...

Liz, never give up as long as your are having fun with your writing.

Anonymous said...

Well done, you! I admire your perseverance.

Anonymous said...

Well done for persevering Liz. I'm sure the latest venture c/o daughter will work out ok.

Like the Labels - Beta's good, in'it?