Monday, January 08, 2007

I shouldn't have done that

I just sent a query email to a magazine. As is my wont I recorded it on my work diary. Then I looked back over the lat year. I really shouldn't have done that.

Out of 25 queries or submissions, I had 8 'No reply', 16 rejections and 1 'yes'.

What can I learn from this?

Either give up trying or - and this is what I intend to do - try harder!

Wowee! I have had an instant reply, asking for more details, from the magazine I just approached! It's a start ...

5 comments:

Serena Joy said...

Congrats on your "Yes!" Rejections always outnumber acceptances. It's some kind of warped law of nature. Keep querying!

Steve G said...

Liz, never give up as long as your are having fun with your writing.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well done, you! I admire your perseverance.

Shirl said...

Well done for persevering Liz. I'm sure the latest venture c/o daughter will work out ok.

Like the Labels - Beta's good, in'it?

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes