Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Brangwyn Panels (II)


From the demure









to the exotic
















They are sometimes called the Empire Panels but I never knew America was part of the empire!




They are an awesome achievement. The style, on the grand scale, is naive, I think (that is an arty term I have heard and it seems to describe this well although I don't know if an expert would agree.) I still wouldn't want to hang one on my wall but I would happily have one of the sketches.

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Yes you wouldn't actually want one as a mural along your long wall but the croc and rabbit would be cute.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou very much for doing this for me Liz. I heard about them from an old friend in Bristol last year. She had seen them and was positively impressed. I didn't have time to go see them, as I had arranged to see my old friend Sammy in the New Forest after the weekend's boozup in Bristol.

Blogs are a great medium for doing visits-by-proxy, thankyou again.

Stu

Joy Des Jardins said...

These are really beautiul Liz...thanks.

Serena said...

Lovely shots, Liz.

Anonymous said...

You are an artist with a camera.