Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Brangwyn Panels (II)


From the demure









to the exotic
















They are sometimes called the Empire Panels but I never knew America was part of the empire!




They are an awesome achievement. The style, on the grand scale, is naive, I think (that is an arty term I have heard and it seems to describe this well although I don't know if an expert would agree.) I still wouldn't want to hang one on my wall but I would happily have one of the sketches.

6 comments:

james higham said...

Yes you wouldn't actually want one as a mural along your long wall but the croc and rabbit would be cute.

Stu Savory said...

Thankyou very much for doing this for me Liz. I heard about them from an old friend in Bristol last year. She had seen them and was positively impressed. I didn't have time to go see them, as I had arranged to see my old friend Sammy in the New Forest after the weekend's boozup in Bristol.

Blogs are a great medium for doing visits-by-proxy, thankyou again.

Stu

Joy Des Jardins said...

These are really beautiul Liz...thanks.

Serena Joy said...

Lovely shots, Liz.

Steve G said...

You are an artist with a camera.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes