Monday, January 08, 2007

And another thing ...

When he tagged me, Dr Stu described me as the effable Liz Hinds. I had to look that up. It means capable of being described. I'm not sure that is entirely complimentary. Still what should I expect from the man who said he was surprised to learn I am a graduate!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Now this is my last blog for today. Or for a little while at least. I have a writing assignment!

Daughter has been commissioned to write articles for a baking website and she suggested that, as they want a lot, I should share the work.

I have to do my first sample article this morning: I am very scared.

It is a long time since I have done anything like this. What if they don't like me? Or my writing? Why does that pile of ironing look so tempting?

So I'm going now. Definitely. I'll just make a cup of tea and then I'll start. If you see me here later, tell me to go back to work.

I wonder if I should just clean the toilet first.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you're here - it must mean you have finished your article. Otherwise, missy, WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING?!

MaryB said...

Ha! I can really sympathize with you on the writing assignment. I get more nit-picky housework done when I have a writing job to do!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hey, you'll be right with the writing. Don't think about, just do it!

Good luck!

Elsie said...

I think Dr. Stu meant "affable." I'm probably wrong, 'cause he does seem like one smart guy (I like reading him too), but let's pretend I'm not.