Saturday, November 18, 2006

As my granny would have said,

'They'll get under my plate!'

I can't remember why, back in early 2004, I bought a packet of poppy seeds. (The cooking-with sort not the planting.) I must have forgotten fairly soon after buying them as I found the unopened packet in the pantry today. Along with an open pack of almonds (use by Jan 2005), some flour that, had I looked closely enough, probably contained weevils, and a packet of pasta with leek and cheese, that wasn't out of date but I threw it away anyway as it tastes horrid.

I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that I last sorted out the pantry. I only did it today (well, one shelf of it actually) because things kept falling off.

In between chucking out past-the-sell-by-date goods and cooking chilli, I choreographed a dance. Is there no end to her talent, I can hear you saying. I amaze even myself sometimes.

Now what I need is for Husband and Younger Son to join me in the dance, which we will simultaneously videotape, before publishing on YouTube.

Or perhaps not.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Betty broke down again today.

This time, instead of calling the rescue service, Younger Son called Husband. He was able to fix Betty with a bit of silver paper. Husband is a genius. You should see what he can do with an elastic band and a toothpick.

And like I said, 'You couldn't do that with a new car.'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me, I won't phone the breakdown service if there is a chance dad can fix it.

Mainly because i hate waiting in the cold, dark and wet for a grumpy man in a van to turn up.

Anonymous said...

Have you got a spice rack Liz? I gave up on one when I started this present life...I decided it is too short to spend checking the sell by date of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...we buy on a 'need to use' basis now.

chux said...

Glad the car is back on the road - not sure i want to know about the elastic band and the toothpick though!

I've got a large container of Curry Powder whch hasnt been touched since 2003. I though time improved the flavour. But I havent got the 'guts' to try it.

nice to catch up with you again! :-)
all the best
Chux

Steve said...

I've been out of town and see I have much to catch up on. Glad the car is running.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes