Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Catch up

I should be in work today but I am off with earache. My ear hurts and I'm deaf but I still feel guilty. I'm never off sick but, I suppose, because physically I could be in work, I feel I should be.

Ah, well, I shall fight the guilt and wallow. I've just had two hard-boiled eggs for lunch. Nice but not quite the same without sand to go with them.

My first weigh-in with Weightwatchers tonight. I am not expecting a good result having been out for two meals this past week and having a pudding each time. The raspberry pavlova sundae in Castellamare was awfully nice though, and the reason I didn't answer the waiter when he asked if I was enjoying it was because I was deaf not because I was too engrossed in eating it. I didn't realise I'd been spoken to until everyone - including the waiter - started laughing.

I shall do a bit of blog-calling now and catch up with commenting; it's been a busy week and I've fallen behind. That reminds me: there was a programme about bloggers on radio 4 this morning. I was still in bed and forgot it. I wonder if I can listen on the internet.

1 comment:

Zinnia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. RE: your comment about getting my son down from the ceiling fan. Yeah, I had to. He started school today, ROFL!

My mother suffers Menier's Disease. (Not sure about that spelling.) It involves fluid in the ear and there's no cure for it. She's slowly going deaf. That really bothers me because my mother doesn't adjust to change very easily.