Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rant of the day

A woman came into the bookshop on Monday and asked if we'd display a poster advertising a concert in a local church. I said we would and, having glanced at the poster, asked her if anyone had mentioned the extra 't' she'd put in celebtrate (I am such a helpful soul). She looked at it, shrugged and said, 'It'll have to do. I can't be bothered to do it again.'

Is it me? How could she do that?

I had to snopak out the 't', which means it now reads celeb rate, but that is preferable in my eyes.

That's the trouble with John Smith and his auntie having computers: everyone thinks they're design experts. The number of home-produced posters I've seen that have made me squirm, uurrggh, it doesn't bear thinking about.

But a simple spelling/typing mistake is unforgivable when every program has a spellcheck of some sorts (even the Americans don't spell that badly).

I need a cup of tea.

No comments: