Tuesday, January 24, 2006

If you've got to be knocked down...

it might as well be by a ferrari. It was so close I probably have paint on my jacket. At least I think it was a ferrari; it had a horse on it.

In one of the gardens we pass on our daily walk, there is a watermelon. I assume it's a watermelon but I can only see it if I peer down the tiny gap between the wall and the fence. But surely it's the wrong time of year for a watermelon to be growing in a garden in Wales? And if it's not growing there, what is it doing? Perhaps it's an alien egg. I just thought of that. Has there been a strange meteorite storm over the country in the last few months? Has anyone else seen any watermelons in unexpected places? I wonder if I should report this to NASA or whatever the British Space Agency is.

Alun might be a lowdown skunk but he has his redeeming qualities. He is very good at cheering me up and bolstering my confidence.

Jelly babies are good for cheering people up. As is a joint companionable grumble.

Driving home this afternoon I was behind a lorry/mixer thing. It had a notice on the back. "Warning. Wet cementitious materials can burn." Cementitious????

Now I come to think of it, I've never seen the people who moved into the house with the watermelon in the garden. Perhaps they are aliens and they are breeding a new generation of themselves. This could be a job for Doctor Who.

2 comments:

Tim said...

NASA wouldn't interested in watermelons Liz. Silly you! Do you think it might be a funny shaped marrow?

Liz Hinds said...

No, not watermelons - aliens.