Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The drawer is actually becoming rather a nuisance. It stops me opening the drawer underneath, the one that stores the grater, making it impossible to grate cheese. Quite possibly a world-catastrophic level of calamity in the making, especially with Rob coming home this weekend.

I fear I am allowing tetris to take over my life. It used to be Spider Solitaire but being the regional champion (eat your socks, tim O) has cause me to lose some of my enthusiasm for it. I am painfully bad at Tetris.

It is summerlike outside today. The sun has the heat of a June day.

I popped down to Linden to take some photos of Cath and Em to accompany a newspaper piece about the search for an Em-replacement during maternity. I got there to discover the camera had no battteries. Undaunted I went to the chemist to buy some. Got the wrong ones. Returned to chemist to exchange them. Took photos, dozens of them; Cath and Em liked two. I couldn't judge as I wasn't wearing my glasses.

I can do exercise to tone up my flabby body; why can't I exercise my eyes to tone up my eyesight?

2 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

My dreams were bigger than I was.

Tim said...

I'm convinced you are a student. Tetris is one game I will beat you at so you might as well give up now. I recommend subbuteo but a little tip is to always aim wide and then it doesn't hit the wall. In fact I'm off to play it now!