Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Efficiency, your name isn't Liz

On Wednesday mornings I make large pots of chilli and chicken curry in Zac's. I've only been making the curry for a few months and I'm still trying to work out the most efficient way to organise myself, time-wise.

Those of you who know me will see the problem straightaway: the words efficient and me in the same sentence.

I think I saved a bit of time this morning but at the cost of mess. Every surface was covered, with pots and grease, and things I had to put somewhere but couldn't put them there yet because something else was in the way.

Any day now - as we've saying for the last five years - the builders will begin work on refurbishing Zac's. There is a LOT to do but the first stage will include a nice big new kitchen. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cooking large batches in a small kitchen must be frustrating indeed!

Boud said...

I salute you for cooking large batches anywhere!

Ann said...

I'm not always so neat in the kitchen.
You mention Zac's frequently and I'm curious as to what that is.

Kathy G said...

I would be frustrated trying to cook in that kitchen without any counter space.