Friday, January 27, 2023

Reasons to stay married for 44 years

Yesterday evening I went to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. While there I thought, "I'd love to have some chocolate to eat while watching the film." But I refrained because Husband and I are both trying to cut down a bit.

I returned to the lounge and Husband said, "I'm having some chocolate; do you want some?"

This is why we stay together - and why we don't lose weight.

On the other hand . . .

The recent funeral reminded me that I have another elderly cousin living in Dorset. I decided  we should go to see her before she dies too so I've booked us a weekend away in Lyme Regis a little seaside town, most famous for the French Lieutenant's woman standing at the end of the jetty.

The Dorset coast is also famous for its fossils. It's called the Jurassic Coast and I've already planned a fossil hunt walk.

This morning Husband informed me that a big chunk of the Dorset cliff has collapsed.
He said, "So we'd better keep well away from the cliff path," while I said, "Yay, loads of newly-exposed fossils."

I mean, how cool would it be to find an ammonite?


9 comments:

Boud said...

Dorset is a wonderful location for fossils. I think that's where the Mary Anning sculpture is? Great attention paid, finally, to her discoveries, which I remember being attributed to the men she'd reported them to. The arc of justice finally bent right!

You sound as if you both have the right partner! Lovely match there.

Liz Hinds said...

I shall do some research and look for the statue, Boud. And, yes, we are well-matched thankfully.

Boud said...

It's in Lyme Regis. You can't miss it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's a 2021 movie about Mary Anning called "Ammonite" with Kate Winslet in the starring role. Worth a watch if you can find it on a streaming service somewhere!

pam nash said...

I also like fossils and it would be very cool to find one like that!

Liz Hinds said...

I've discovered there's a guided fossil walk and talk that will tell us about Mary Anning as well as pointing us in the right direction to find fossils of our own. Excited now.

Janie Junebug said...

I'll look for the movie Debra mentioned. I like Kate Winslet and haven't heard of Mary Anning. Perhaps you will find a cool fossil.

Love,
Janie

Ann said...

That would be cool to find a fossil.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Russian troops are getting hit by Ukranian bullets from sunset until dawn.
Which is why they call it ammo-night.