Saturday, June 25, 2022

Drill four holes

As Husband is steadily making progress on the foundations 


I thought I could help by putting the arbour together. I do have my Brownie Ikea badge after all.

Then I read this.

Can you read it? It says, "Drill four holes . . ."

Well, that was it. Would you trust me with an electric drill? I wouldn't. 

So I'll return to the other bed and try again to get up those roots that beat me last time. I am encouraged in this by CopCar writing about her battle with sumac roots.

But first I'll do a bit of Welsh. It's true what they say about it being harder to learn a language as you age. Or in my case remember what I learned in my last lesson. Or the one before that, or the one before that.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Usually those pre-fab things are all pre-drilled, so that's kind of a bummer.

Cop Car said...

Oh, Liz, I find it so much easier to use an electric drill (even with my tremors) than to wrestle with the roots. I'll come drill 4 holes if you'll come pull 4 roots ; )

Boud said...

I love an electric drill! I'd do it but you couldn't trust me to stop at four..

Liz Hinds said...

That's what I was expecting, Debra!

I'll feel empowered by your words, Boud and CopCar. I shall have a go!