Sunday, January 16, 2022

Is Tom Hardy a Jew?

Muttering to myself this morning I uttered the immortal phrase, 'Fair dinkum.' 

Fair dinkum?! Where did that come from? 

My brain works are a mystery to me.

On Tuesday in bible study - we're back on zoom for a while - one man was present but unseen. No, not Jesus. I mean there were three in the room but the phone screen only showed two so all we had was his voice. Someone said it was like he was a narrator.

From there my brain took this route:
a narrator telling us bedtime stories like Tom Hardy on Jackanory;
Tom Hardy was in Peaky Blinders;
he played a Jew;
in his book David Baddiel comments on the practice of letting non-Jews play Jews;
I keep meaning to find out if Tom Hardy is a Jew.

This is all in the blink of an eye of course. I made the mistake of telling the others who now know the truth about my brain. 

P.S. He's not. And here's an interesting article in the Jewish Chronicle about why he was the best for the job.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"one man was present but unseen. No, not Jesus" -- hahahahaha, great line!

Boud said...

Your mind works like greased lightning! The problem is slowing it up to see what it's saying.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Often our mind links so many different thoughts together ... a train of thoughts ...

God bless.

pam nash said...

Whoa - some large jumps your brain makes. That's good though, quick thinking is an art.