Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Love your granny bits

When I'm speaking - about anything and to anyone - I usually manage to bring in my grandchildren at some point. Last night's talk on prayer was no exception.

On the way home Tamsin said, 'I love the stories about your grandchildren.'

I said, 'Yes, Sean said he loves my granny bits too.'

We looked at each other - and burst out laughing. I don't think that's what Sean said ...

Still in Zac's, I have a favourite knife that is very good and sharp for chopping onions and peppers. What is especially good about it is that it doesn't cut flesh. I have proven  this just about every week since I started making chilli.

* * * * * *

Husband has spent much of the last two days trying to work out what documentation we need to travel through France and into Italy, downloading forms, filling in forms, doing it again and trying to get it right, giving up, guessing and hoping for the best. He is still convinced we will be turned back at some point en route because we've done it wrong.

My bouncy optimism, 'It'll be fine,' and insistence that, 'We look on it as an adventure,' and 'If we get sent back then okay,' are not going down well with him. 

I on the other hand have a supply of my happy pill, a big pile of books, and the knowledge that soon I'll be seeing my grandchildren again, and I'm a happy bunny. And before you ask, no, I still can't download books on my kindle - bought specially for this holiday - but I'm not daring to load that on Husband too.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As long as the granny bits still work, that's all that matters!

Marie Smith said...

Good luck with the travel documents. It’s complicated to come back to this island once one is off and returning.

pam nash said...

Hope all goes well and easy. Oddly enough then I read the title, I didn't think about grandchildren stories but . . . it works okay!

Kathy G said...

I think every successful couple has one optimist and one pessimist, who take turns sharing their roles.

PipeTobacco said...

I am assuming you may be on your trip! I hope it is wonderful!!!

PipeTobacco