Thursday, January 21, 2021

I knew there was something I was going to write about! It slipped my mind but is back now. (The idea not my mind: the audience is still considering that one.)

I'm sure you're keen to hear how the hall decorating is going. 'It must be finished by now,' I hear you say. Well, no, not quite.

It has progressed; it's almost finished. (That is quite a loose understanding of the word 'almost'.)

All the emulsion has been done and some of the gloss, however, two problems have arisen:

1) the shop is out of stock of the gloss and doesn't know when (if) it will be available again;

2) the new tenant moving into Uncle's flat wanted to have his own furniture so we've had to move out a lot of the stuff. Hence our hall now looks like this:

And as we're in lockdown - and look set to be in it for the foreseeable future - there's not a lot we can do about it.

My hopes of having the downstairs finished, so we could return the cabinet and assorted coats etc to the hall thus clearing our dining room, have gone the way of my hopes of being a best-selling author.

Thankfully signs of Spring are popping up all over the place.


The first two are from Clyne Gardens while this camellia is in our garden.


6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The best laid plans o' mice and men, eh?

PipeTobacco said...

I am jealous you are already seeing Spring! It is just the frozen tundra in my parts.

PipeTobacco

I could not comment for a few days due to an annoying Google issue that was a pain in the posterior to fix.

Marie Smith said...

Your winter weather is mild for lovely blooms like those.

Cop Car said...

The only things growing in our parts are weeds. Thanks for sharing your spring with us, Liz.

pam nash said...

Similar problem with a blanket I was making - couldn't get to the yarn store (closed), when opened - none of the type/color I needed, no idea when it might be ordered/available again. Sigh. We are have signs of springs also but they are in the form of very annoying weeds!

Liz Hinds said...

Spring is definitely on its way but parts of Swansea had snow today! Not us. And when i say snow I mean half an inch not like the sort most of you get!