Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Not dead today

Woke up in the middle of the night with a weird pain in my chest. Of course I was convinced I was dying but I went to exercise class this morning and I'm still here so it was probably that extra large piece of corned beef pie I had for dinner last night coming back to haunt me.

Or the thought of all the money I'm spending on Christmas presents.

I've been in a flurry of purchasing recently. Very unlike me to get organised this long before Christmas but the way it's going I may even have finished my Christmas shopping by the end of November. That will make me very happy.

As I said previously I had hoped to shop locally but I'm afraid I haven't done very well at that. A couple of things (smelly stuff) I ordered from a Welsh artisan company arrived yesterday. They are a lot smaller than I expected. The trouble is when websites give sizes or weights I bleep past it as it means absolutely nothing to me, hence the unexpectedly small size of the gifts.

But a) it's the thought that counts, and b) size doesn't matter. (And we all know that's not true.)

Postscript

Had a quick panic after googling signs of heart attack and phoned the doctor. He checked me out and I had an ECG: all fine. Sending me for blood tests to cover all eventualities. It's worth feeling a bit silly for peace of mind. And the doctor said it's always wise to check these things out.

8 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

It's always a mistake to wake up in the middle of the night. Things l-o-o-m in the dark.

Marie Smith said...

Wise to have chest pain checked out. Live on!

Terra said...

You were wise to get checked out by the doctor. That is true about online shopping, we need to read the descriptions carefully, sometimes I get a surprise, like you said. One local shopping I do is to order books from our local book store from their website and then pick them up curbside at the store.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, always better to check things out than not!

PipeTobacco said...

Hope things are ok. You have not posted in a while.

PipeTobacco

pam nash said...

Better to take the time for peace of mind than to wind up on the floor with paramedics working on you! Voice of experience speaking here.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks all, yes, I'm fine now. Just busy. xx

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

But you will be if
you dont wear a helmet, dear.
GBY