Friday, November 13, 2020

My birthday!

'Twas my 68th birthday yesterday and I had a lovely day beginning with sausage curry on Wednesday night cooked by Husband to note my last evening as a 67-year-old. Breakfast in bed followed in due course and then, after delivering food to Zac's, we went for a walk around the cliffs. 

Should we go without George and make it a long walk? No, George is family and has to be there for my birthday. Fortunately the sun shone for us, not just for the walk but for the picnic on the beach afterwards.


Like proper old people with a thermos - although this contained carrot and coriander soup, served with freshly baked (by Husband) bread and cheese.
The got-to-be-done birthday portrait.

Back home and Daughter and family called in complete with birthday cake, cards and presents. So that I wouldn't blow all over the cake they cut me a piece of cake and stuck a few candles in.


One of the presents from Daughter was this. She said, ' I saw them and thought of you straightaway.'



I have just sampled them. They smell lovely but taste less exciting. Maybe I put too much water in the cup or maybe they're just like every other fruit tea bag I've tried and a bit lacking in oomph.

Yesterday evening Husband cooked me a lovely meal and you'd think that would be the end of my birthday but no! Husband is cooking again tonight and tomorrow. I am a lucky woman.

* * * * * *

It's GrandDaughter1's birthday soon. I thought I'd like to shop locally so took a trip down to Mumbles. I did buy a book but didn't feel comfortable with people too close and not always masked. I think it is going to be online shopping for the most part this year. Good resolutions for next year maybe when we have a vaccine (I hope) and life is easier.



7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Happy HAPPY Birthday, Liz!

Marie Smith said...

Belated best wishes. It sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration over several days!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A very Happy Birthday!!!!!
Perfect that your family are able to help you celebrate, even if it has to be in shifts!

pam nash said...

Happy happy birthday! It sounds as though it was a wonderful day.

Cop Car said...

Belated birthday wishes, youngster.

CherryPie said...

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a fabulous day :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you all!