Monday, November 30, 2020

Husband pushes his luck

I confess I have flopped a bit following my book launch last week. Apart from compulsively checking stats (rather disappointing) I've been a bit wishy washy. Which is appropriate with Christmas, the season of pantos, coming up. (Wishy Washy is a character in Aladdin in traditional pantomimes.) Not that I suppose many pantos will be happening. I see one is advertised at our local theatre but that's probably more in hope than expectation. The last thing you want in a pandemic is hundreds of children screaming, 'He's behind you!'

Oh, I seem to have been distracted. Let's see what else has been happening.

Rather than go to the gym on Friday, as it was such a lovely morning, I went for a scoot instead. I took a different route that led me down through the park before getting onto the sea front.

Then yesterday we had a pre-birthday treat for Husband. Younger Son brought his pizza oven over and we had pizzas in the sunshine for lunch.


Then we went and played on the beach. 

GrandSon4 got stuck in the hole we dug.

But mostly what I have been doing is Christmas shopping. I have finished! It may be normal for you to be well-prepared and have all your shopping done by the end of November but it definitely isn't for me. I am so pleased with myself.

Actually to say I have finished is not strictly true: there is one thing left but I have to work on that. Hm, a mystery. We will see if it works out or if I will be rushing to the shop on Christmas Eve for an alternative.

Now it's Husband's birthday tomorrow. He doesn't make such a big fuss as some of us so we'll probably go for a nice walk and then I'll cook him a meal. Just like most days in fact!

Although he may be lucky to get any presents. I bought myself a new nightie and when he saw it he said, 'That's a bit grannyish. Looks like it's made of old curtains.' This was shortly after he'd said, 'You're getting podgy.'

He explained he's saying that for my good. 'You're putting on weight around your tummy and that's not healthy for old women.'

Yes, really, he'll be very lucky to get any presents. 

P.S. It occurs to me that the last time I was this organised I came down with flu that wiped out most of December. I do hope that isn't the case this time.



6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Pre birthday greetings to your hubby. You are right about the presents!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My gawd, that pizza looks good! With all his recent comments, Husband is walking along the cliff's edge, I'd say, birthday or no birthday.

pam nash said...

A few bd gift thoughts - some droopy boxer shorts - white or polka dotted; black compression knee socks; a horses head in his bed.

Polly said...

mmm that pizza looks good. Hubby likes living dangerously!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You're really terrifyingly organised. You can now spend the next three weeks with your feet up, bingeing on Netflix Christmas movies.

PipeTobacco said...

Your son’s outdoor, portable pizza oven is really great! I have never seen a unit I like that before!!!!

The pizza looked delicious!!!!!

PipeTobacco