Tuesday, September 29, 2020

What an exciting day!

Well, it's been an exciting day today and it's only lunchtime!

Husband and I had a little jaunt in Alfie (Mini is in the garage being repaired). Such excitement!

Shall I tell you where we went?

First to the charity shop to drop off a load of stuff. From there we headed to Zac's to drop off another load. We finished our trip with a visit to Mumbles so I could go to the library.

While we were on our way Husband pointed out that, Strictly speaking, we were breaking the lockdown rules. 'You're only supposed to travel if your journey is essential.'

I would argue that refilling my reading pile is essential to my mental health, and that clearing the numerous bags stacked up in the hall was essential to Husband's state of mind. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them.

All in all a jolly little jaunt.

* * * * *

Yesterday's excitement was an unexpected visit from two old friends. They spent the summer fruit-picking in the south of England and had decided to share their brought-home haul with me. A big box of organic apples and pears.


I wasted no time in using some of the pears. Baked caramelised pears, warm with added ice cream: delicious!


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Who would DARE say that library books are not essential? Mmmm, those pears look delicious!

nick said...

I'm sure the word "essential" is being interpreted pretty widely by most people. We're just having our piano tuned. Is that essential or non-essential, I wonder? I think like you I would say "essential to Jenny's mental health".

Marie Smith said...

Love the fruit and the ice cream doesn’t hurt,

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

There's one sort of pear that goes crimson when stewed very slowly, but yours look better, I think. Less alarming.