Tuesday, July 14, 2020

No longer a long-haired hippie - soon

Yay! I have a hair cut and colour appointment! Got to wait till 1st August but I've waited this long!

And the doubly good news is that it says on their website that small talk is discouraged. I love my hairdresser and it's always interesting hearing what a different generation and sort of people do, but all I really want to do in the salon is close my eyes and shut off the world.

I've just been to Sainsburys for our Click and Collect order. Husband asked me to fill up the car with petrol as I was there: first time since lockdown began. I got very flustered and couldn't remember what to do. And I discovered/recalled that the contactless limit has gone up, when I went to pay, then realised it was too much, then found out it wasn't.

I don't think I'm ready for a return to the real world yet.


8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy your cut and colour!

Hena Tayeb said...

I have been in desperate need of a cut and color.. but sitting for that long with a mask on my face I just couldn't.. I don't know.. maybe in another month or two. I did convince my husband to give me a little trim and he did a pretty decent job.

Polly said...

I had my hair cut last Wed, it felt great!

Marie Smith said...

Unless I am using something repeatedly, I don’t remember what to do either. Scary but...

Leslie: said...

I have had mine done twice already. I had to wear a mask, not get up from the chair and the first time, wasn't allowed a blow dry. My hairdresser has now retired and is moving out of the province so need to find a new one. It's going to be hard cuz Colleen was/is a friend and had done my hair since 1997! Enjoy your cut and colour. And post before and after! LOL

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Every time I look in the mirror I tell myself that I look fine... I don't. But my hairdresser only works one day a week so I'm going to have to lie to my reflected, frazzled apparition for a while longer.

Debbie said...

i have been, cut, color and nails, it was fabulous. while i was there, they had a pedicure "no show" and they asked if i would like to slide into that appointment. they did not have to ask me twice!!

now i am all dapper with no one to show it all to!! but the haircut is awesome, at least i can look at myself in the mirror. nails too, now i can knit without my yarn getting all caught on the broken, ragged nails!!

nick said...

There was plenty of small talk when I went to the hairdresser last week. They obviously don't think it's risky. And there are differing views on face masks as well. I went to Sainsbury's this morning and not a single staff member was wearing a mask.