Saturday, June 27, 2020

jig-a-jig

I've been a bit obsessive about jigsaw doing lately. Any money we've saved on fuel by not going anywhere has been frittered away on ebay. No, not frittered: I enjoy them and they absorb me and take my mind off the trials of lockdown.

This one below is a National Trust jigsaw, Tea at Grandma's - how could I resist? A lovely picture but very frustrating pieces.
As you can see some are cut very strangely and it makes them all difficult to slot together AND they don't stay together easily. So if you've completed one bit but it needs moving slightly to fit in with another piece then you almost have to take it all apart and move it bit by bit. Should have checked the details before I bought it.
I forgot to mention that Daughter treated us to some special doughnuts from Gower Doughnuts Company yesterday. We shared them: white chocolate and raspberry, and blackcurrant and lemon. Very yummy.

8 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

There are some interesting shapes in the second one.... never saw cutouts like those in a puzzle before. I also like the first one... and I especially like the accordion playing fellow!

Have you ever gotten a brand new puzzle and it was missing a piece? I did one time. Frustrating.

PipeTobacco

Marie Smith said...

The puzzle does look tough. Great to pass the time though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My parents loved doing big jigsaws like that when they were alive.

Polly said...

It's never frittering if it gives you joy and takes your mind off things :-) I've done one of those with funny pieces before, frustrating but oh so good when finished. And those doughnuts, so scrummy. My daughter came back from shopping the other day with some Hotel Chocolat chocs, they didn't last long!

Liz Hinds said...

I've never had a new jigsaw with a missing piece, PipeTobacco! That must be so frustrating.

Marie, I think the one I've just started is going to be even trickier just because of the image.

They are absorbing, Debra.

Hotel Chocolat, mmmmmmm, Polly.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Your first jigsaw reminded me of a very pleasant canal holiday.
We'd hired a narrow boat and spent two weeks pottering about England's canals between Manchester and London. All self-contained, with shower, (cassette)-toilet,
wood-burning stove, central heating, galley, lounge and bedrooms etc etc.
Like caravanning but on water :-)

Very peaceful and much to be recommended.

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, I think I'd like a narrow boat holiday, Stu.

pam nash said...

My daughter is also a puzzle person. For her birthday she got a 1000 piece puzzle that's red. Slightly lighter red at the top; slightly darker red at the bottom. But, it's all red. Made my eyes go all wonky just looking at the box!