Monday, April 06, 2020

Apple and the custard slice

Last night I had three different dreams of the sort that are usually put down to stress - trying to do something but you can't, trying to get somewhere but you can't, and a friend on death row (slightly unusual that one).

I blame Apple.

I spent a huge part of yesterday afternoon trying to get my podcast listed on Apple iTunes. Creating the podcast was easy; battling with Apple isn't.

It started by saying you need an apple ID. That will give you access to everything Apple it said. So I set myself up with one. So far so good. I even logged on - and it said I was logged on - but when I tried to find the 'Tell us about your podcast' page I was greeted by the words: you need an iTunes account. Now I believed Apple when they said my apple ID opened every door - but it flipping doesn't.

Elder Son managed to find me a discussion thread on exactly this topic so I've now given in and got an iTunes account.

Next the advice on the discussion thread was to 'authorise your computer'. I did what they said and it comes back, 'Failed: unknown error. Try again later.'

So I have several times. Have I mentioned I hate Apple?

I need a nice relaxing massage.

Anyway, I'll tell you about today's episode of This Time Next Year. In it Great-auntie Millie is asked to leave her care home because of an incident with a custard slice.


7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I look forward to this episode!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Each instalment just gets funnier than the one before, LOL!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks both. Some are funnier than others I think but I am quite enjoying reading it again. It still makes me laugh!

nick said...

I've spent several years trying to access my BT account online. Whenever I try to log in, it tells me I've entered incorrect information. I ought to phone BT to ask them to solve the problem, but as I get the bills in paper format anyway, I can't be bothered. Good luck with your Apple saga!

PipeTobacco said...

I haven’t listened to the newest podcast yet but I will. I agree with you about the frustration about Apple... especially iTunes... which I have just about given up upon. I have the belief that iTunes is purposefully meant to be annoying and obnoxious when you try to access it from a PC that is not Apple based. The desert looks amazingly delicious!!!

PipeTobacco

Liz Hinds said...

Nick, PipeTobacco, I spoke to two very helpful and pleasant apple Support people - but still ended up back with the problem. Called in the Big Guns. Husband resolved it for me. Absolutely nothing intuitive or helpful about the Apple site.

Cop Car said...

I've not used an Apple product since coming back to Kansas in 1990. Prior to that I was working on a program where all of the computers were Apples. As it was a classified program, all the work had to be done within the classified room in which I worked. What a waste it turned out to be that I had just bought my first personal computer - one based on DOS, of course.

Hunky Husband (HH) and several others in our family use iPhones and they seem to love them. Of course, when HH has a problem figuring out how to do something, he calls our daughter in. Luckily, your husband fills that function. Good show!