Sunday, February 16, 2020

Fascinating Aida

Last night Husband and I ventured into Storm Dennis to travel to Cardiff to see Fascinating Aida. And what grim weather it was for driving. I was really glad I could relax and play games on my phone to pass the time while Husband strained to see through the driving rain.

Anyway, show was excellent, marred only by dodgy sound for the first few songs - and as the humour depends on the words of the songs that made it a bit difficult. Even when the echoing problem was resolved on occasion we still had to really concentrate to hear everything and still missed some.

That aside FA were as good now as they were last time we saw them many years ago. Apparently the group has been in existence in one form or another for thirty-something years, built on the founding stone that is Dillie Keane.

This is a recording from a solo show she did but she performed this last night and I thought quite a few of you might appreciate it. (Don't watch if easily offended.)



Another recording of a song that was performed last night but from 19 years ago. The premise of this song is that it doesn't matter if you can't keep a tune or sing in key as long as you're German. In prison this morning I tried this out (I have a dreadful singing voice) and it worked for me.

4 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Thankyou! That's just what I needed to round off the day.

Marie Smith said...

You had me when you mentioned Cardiff. Loved that place!

pam nash said...

That was great!

Trubes said...

Just watched a load Fascinating Aida thanks for reminding me Liz, I really didn't know they were still about, being my birthday and all, (thank you for your kind wishes)Got to go as I've got grandchildren, Paris the dog and Ingrid round, Speak soon
Love,
Di xx
,