Friday, January 10, 2020

Sillier-than-Usual Dream Night

Last night I dreamed that I was back in the house in which I had grown up and was cooking Christmas dinner. One by one all my relatives turned up. When I looked in the fridge it was full of trifles. That's the thing about my relations: they always take food to a party even if they're dead.

Husband meanwhile dreamed that I'd given him a huge bull - in a suit. He was just wondering whether there would be enough grass in our garden for a bull when I turned up with a cow as well. But not in a dress.

It must have been National Sillier-than-Usual Dream Night.

And now I've dripped pear juice all over my desk so I'd better wipe it before it gets sticky.

In case you hadn't worked it out I'm procrastinating. I want to get back into writing my novel - haven't touched it for months - but wanting to is less scary than actually getting down and doing it.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A fridge full of trifles? How's your diet going? I suspect you're longing for desserts, lol!

Marie Smith said...

I made trifle for New year’s day. A childhood treat in our family. The grandkids loved it too.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I think I'd rather have your dreams than your husband's.