Saturday, January 04, 2020

Is it Tuesday?

I made a new year resolution yesterday, a bit late I know. It is: write reminders, witty - to me at least - thoughts, to do lists, blog ideas, etc, in an orderly manner in a notebook. That is instead of scrawling things on odd bits of paper and instantly losing and forgetting them.

One day in and my to do list gets longer and nothing has been crossed off. My notebook is also sadly lacking witty thoughts. 

My to do list mostly consists of phoning people and ironing - two things I hate doing. Since Christmas I seem to have been washing an inordinate amount of bedding even allowing for the fact that we had two adults and two children staying. 

I probably need a soundtrack for hula hooping too. (Add to to do list.)

Big sigh.

But the sun is shining - a bit - and we're going to take George for a walk so, apart from being convinced that it's Tuesday today (Saturday actually) it's not all bad.

3 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! My resolution in regards to a book of “to do’s” and thoughts and ideas happens almost every year, but for me it starts on our academic year (August). My book from last August had two days worth of entries..... then I..... forgot. :)

I will try to get back into it again too.... it WOULD be very helpful if I did it. The lost post-it notes thing..... I recognize that in me too. :)

PipeTobacco

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm all mixed up about what day of the week it is too.

Anonymous said...

Your resolution was a witty thought in itself!

For the right incentive, I could ship Hunky Husband to you for a stint of ironing. It delights me to realize that he has been doing our laundry/ironing for more years than I did! With the fabrics that are used, these days, ironing (at least, in our family) is not the chore it once was; although, my mother always claimed to love to iron. One could not have told it since each of us kids was tasked with ironing our own clothing from a relatively early age.
Cop Car