Saturday, November 16, 2019

Sparkles and swans

I walked into the shoe shop, browsed through a shelf of shoes, chose some, and asked the assistant if I could try them on. He brought them to me, I put one on, said, 'That's fine. I'll take them.'
'That's the quickest sale I've had today!'

Now I've left my new gym shoes at Younger Son's house but later I'll post a photo so you can see my sparkly - yes, sparkly - new trainers.

My old ones were so worn they had no grip so I found myself slipping in several varieties of exercise in both classes hence the trip to the shoe shop. I hate buying shoes.

But while there I did develop Doc Marten envy. I have a pair of sparkly DMs but I saw these in the shop ...
In the afternoon Nuora's mother and I took GrandSon4 and GrandDaughter3 to the park.


Remains of Gnoll House


By the time we'd persuaded Grandson4 that we had to go home the sun was setting - and it was getting a bit cold.

And this is Grandson4 (3 last August) cycling along with Granny trying to keep up while filming him.


7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

How wonderful you can ride along with the grandkids!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'd love to wear sparkly shoes but I don't have the nerve. Actually I want those light-up flashing kind that toddlers wear.

Liz Hinds said...

Run along you mean, Marie!

Now you're talking, Debra! I can't imagine you not having the nerve. Go on, embrace the bling!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Aren't you good! I'd be panicking and squawking at this point.

PipeTobacco said...

Hah! I too have often wanted a pair of this shoes that young kids can have that the sole lights up as you walk. I think it would be fun and silly for me, a grey, old, furry faced professor to wear such shoes to class! Unfortunately , I have never seen those types of sneakers in adult sizes.@

PipeTobacco said...

Those shoes are pretty, but are they comfortable?

Liz Hinds said...

I was too busy trying to breathe to squawk, Sonata!

I have a pair of sparkly Doc Martens and they are very comfortable, PipeTobacco. That was my concern initially but it was unwarranted.