Sunday, November 10, 2019

Just for now

Starting to feel a bit more like myself today. I plan a 'doing' day today and actually doing stuff instead of sitting and moping usually helps as well. That said, I will begin!

And add to this post later.


Later
I had a lovely early birthday tea party yesterday. I tried very hard to be good and not eat too much of the 'bad' stuff. I did eat birthday cake (pavlova) made by Daughter though. 
The candles reflect not my age (0110 - 6 apparently in binary) but the assumption that Granny would have candles in her house.

I have such a talented family. Here are my early birthday gifts, all handmade by Daughter and Nuora: hankies, pinafore, and a candle.

As I said, today I'm having a 'doing' day. I decided to sort out a kitchen drawer this morning and found this:
The pack of cards is included so you have an idea of the size of the thing. Any suggestions what it could be?

Then, as it's a lovely day, we took George for a walk in the autumn sunshine. The snow and wintery weather foretold by one of the trashier papers has failed to materialise, here at least, and it's a mild and pleasant day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Liz!
Cop Car

PipeTobacco said...

It looks like it may be some sort of fancy coring device.... perhaps for apples or if it is large enough, perhaps pineapple?

PipeTobacco

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I believe it's a pineapple corer and slicer. I had one once upon a time.

Lovely early bday cake and swag!

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, it seems that it is a pineapple corer. I can't imagine that I would ever have bought one! Maybe I inherited it. It's the only answer.

Marie Smith said...

Our weather is miserable and precludes a walk. Yours sounds great!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Doesn't look strong enough to core pineapples. Could it be meant to do artistic things to courgettes?